Frisbeegolf-forum.fi

Author Topic: Viikon vieras #75 - Tomas Rosenqvist SWE  (Read 22615 times)

Offline Tapanote

• Ylläpitäjä
  • Ylläpitäjä
  • Konkari
    • View Profile
  • Oikea nimi: Tapani Aulu
  • Seura: Tomoottajat, Kankaanpää / 7k, Turku
Viikon vieras #75 - Tomas Rosenqvist SWE
« on: 03.06.15 - klo:09:06 »
This time our guest joins us on the finlandsfärjan and asnwers your question in English (or Swedish). So, without further ado, let's welcome Tomas Rosenqvist from team Sweden and Team Prodiscus.

1. When did you start playing DG? Tell us something about your DG history.
2. What is it that appeals to you in DG - why do you play?
3. Do you have goals in DG?
4. What is your biggest accomplishment in DG in your own opinion?
5. Have you gotten aces?
6. Tell us about your home course.
7. What is your favorite disc?
8. What about favorite course?
9. Tomahawk or some other throw?

Offline Discgolfrosen

• Tulokas
    • View Profile
  • Oikea nimi: Tomas Rosenqvist
Vs: Viikon vieras #75 - Tomas Rosenqvist SWE
« Reply #1 on: 03.06.15 - klo:10:37 »
Thanks Tapani, Its an honour to get to be asked to answer some questions for you and i hope that everyone will enjoy reading it :).

1. When did you start playing DG? Tell us something about your DG history.

The first time i played discgolf was in the spring 2010 i think, it took me about a year until i was really hooked and tried my first tournament.
The funniest thing in my own DG history is probably that it wasnt really in sweden that i took the decision to focus hard on trying to get big in discgolf, it was acctually during my one year abroad in Australia that it grew into my mind. I brought 3 discs with me in case i was gonna run into a course or something, but after my year in australia i had bought over 35 discs and played about 15 different courses in both australia and new zealand.

2. What is it that appeals to you in DG - why do you play?

Well iv'e always been big in sports and have a background with 15 years of football, so i have always had the need of doing something that gets my body going. But probably what hooked me into it big time was the freindlyness i met in Australia with all the discgolfers there, they took me in to there houses and let me travel and play with them and that got me thinking what a great way it was to connect my biggest hoobies (sports and traveling).

3. Do you have goals in DG?

Because of my backgrounds in sports before i will always be really competitive so of course my goal is to become one of the best in the world, but mostly my goal is just to be able to play as much as possible as long as i enjoy doing it. So far i can't see anything stopping me from playing so hopefully i can give the Americans a bit of a threat this year in Pittsburgh.

4. What is your biggest accomplishment in DG in your own opinion?

I would have to say my 14th placement at the Japan Open 2014 where i took my first spot for the USDGC. I got to play my last round with great players like David Wiggins Jr, Steve Rico and Jay Reading and i even got to start out that round with 8 straight birdies on a really tough course.
So thats probably the biggest accomplishment so far, but hopefully just the beginning of something big.

5. Have you gotten aces?

I've had a couple of aces so far not in any big tournaments but at least i have had aces in Sweden, Australia and USA, hopefully i can get one in finland during the European open this summer so i can cross of that.

6. Tell us about your home course.

It's a pretty short course with a lof of tricky wood shots, its one of those courses that after a while its hard to play rounds with full focus because you start to learn every shot without having to look so i try to change it up and try new ways of throwing the holes as much as possible. I got the course record with 43 (-13).

7. What is your favorite disc?

I have to say Basic Jokeri because it is just so predictable, even when it's beaten in you can just crank on it and its still going to fly just like you want it.

8. What about favorite course?

As a course i think i have to say Renaissance gold in North Carolina (Jeremy Kolings home course) its a really tough course with a pretty high par with tons of different shots and a lot of risk and reward decisions to do.
I really love the USDGC course as well mostly because you really get to see how much a course can drag you down if you dont keep your head cold.

9. Tomahawk or some other throw?

Unfortunally i injured my shoulder pretty early in my career so i've never been able to throw those kind of shots a lot, so i have tried to use skipshots as a speciality.

If there is anything you wonder about me or just anything dont hesitate to send me a question.
I would also like to thank my sponsors Prodiscus for some amazing discs and i am really proud to represent them and also my newest sponsor DUDE Clothing that has taking a big step to bring this sport where it has to go to get bigger sponsors into the game with proffesional clothing during competitions.

If anyone is interested to see what Prodiscus and DUDE has to offer ill give you some links to check oout.
https://dudeclothing.refersion.com/c/ab820
http://prodiscus.fi/

Hope to see you on a course somwhere in the world
//Tomas Rosenqvist

Offline Kempster

• Konkari
    • View Profile
    • @ Instagram
  • Oikea nimi: Niko Kempas
  • Seura: Ŧ·
« Reply #2 on: 03.06.15 - klo:12:25 »
Tjänare Tomas, nice to have an international guest!

Few questions:

– How many courses have you played in Finland?

– What is your favourite course in Finland?

– What are the biggest differences between Swedish and Finnish disc golf scenes?

– Who's going to win Finnish Nationals 2015 (Finska mästerskap)?

– What's your record in JYLY*?

* JYLY putting game – http://ikihongatkolajaa.blogspot.fi/p/jyly-puttipeli.html
« Last Edit: 03.06.15 - klo:12:40 by Kempster »

Offline Discgolfrosen

• Tulokas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03.06.15 - klo:13:18 »
Tjänare Tomas, nice to have an international guest!
Hi yeah its fun to be doing something like this outside my own boarders :)
Few questions:

– How many courses have you played in Finland?
I have acctually only been to finland twice and that is this year for the Prodiscus After Easter Open and Tali Open, so i have only played the Kankanpää course, the Tali Open course and the 12 permanent holes at the European Open course.

– What is your favourite course in Finland?
So on that question considering ive only played 3 courses i have to say the Tali Open course, it was really tough and you needed a big amount of different shots to be able to work it out. Took me 2 terrible rounds to be able to in the end crush the course with a 10 down in the last round :).

– What are the biggest differences between Swedish and Finnish disc golf scenes?
There is quite a lot of big differences between swedish and finnish disc golf but i'd say that the biggest ones are probably the speed of the course explosion that is happening in finland as well as the amount of Juniors and women playing in finland compared to sweden.
So far we are going a little slow with all of this things as well as getting some top players in europe. Most of the top players from sweden have been playing for quite some time at the moment and we haven't had to many juniors coming up like you do in Finland. Just look at Leo pironen, Seppo Paju both very young but already up in the top of europe.

– Who's going to win Finnish Nationals 2015 (Finska mästerskap)?
I'm not entirely sure how the courses for the Finish nationals looks like but i would have to look at the form lately and put my bet on Leo Pironen, Seppo have been really good this season and i think he is just going to keep on crushing but from what i've heard you play the finish nationals the weekend after worlds and i would say that give Leo an advantage because Seppo will have some traveling in his body just before it starts.

– What's your record in JYLY*?
Have unfortunally not played in JYLY yet, im hoping to be able to go over more to finland the next years to come so i can cross off some more of the amazing courses you got over there.

//Tomas

* JYLY putting game – http://ikihongatkolajaa.blogspot.fi/p/jyly-puttipeli.html

Offline Seppase

• Seniori
    • View Profile
  • Oikea nimi: Tuomas Seppä
  • Seura: Tomoottajat, TFS
« Reply #4 on: 03.06.15 - klo:23:46 »
What is your lineup? What do you exatly throw?

Was there any spesific key factor that you found when you played that crushing -10 in Tali?
P2 Envy JOKERi Roc3 Gator LASERi Firebird TITANi PD Destroyer PD2

Offline Discgolfrosen

• Tulokas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04.06.15 - klo:09:14 »
What is your lineup? What do you exatly throw?

Was there any spesific key factor that you found when you played that crushing -10 in Tali?

Hi,
Putting Putters
3 Black Basic Jokeris

Approach discs
2 Soft Basic Sparta

Driving putters
3 Basic Jokeris all beaten in differently, 1 Ultrium Sparta for straight shots and one Premium Jokeri

Midrange
1 Understable Basic Midari, one First run Premium that goes straight and one Ultrium that fades off after about 90 meters

Fairway drivers
1 Ultrium Respecti for really short hyzers and sidearm approaches
1 Lightweight Ultrium Laseri for rollers, 1 Ultrium Laseri for turnover shots and one more stable laseri for flex distance shots and long distance shots (i throw that one about 140m)
1 Ultrium titan for headwind or straight to overstable shots

Distance drivers
2 Ultrium Slaidi
1 premium slaidi just for sidearms
1 beaten up slaidi for hyzerflips
1 Premium slaidi that is crazy overstable
2 Ultrium Razeri for overstable distance shots
2 Premium Legendas for open distance shots

I would say the key factor for that round was probably the putting, it made a huge difference that i hit a lot more lines compared to the previous rounds but without my putting game during that round i still wouldnt have played in the low 60s on that course.

//Tomas

Offline Jaskala

• Konkari
    • View Profile
  • Oikea nimi: Janne J
  • Seura: Tallaajat
« Reply #6 on: 04.06.15 - klo:11:47 »
When will we see the first scandinavian World Champion?
Who are the swedish "Leo and Seppo"?
People talk about Feldberg having the "Swedish style drive". Is that really a common style in Sweden or just a way to say he's form is different?

Offline Discgolfrosen

• Tulokas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04.06.15 - klo:12:11 »
When will we see the first scandinavian World Champion?

I would guess that we will have to wait at least maybe 3 years until that will be able to happen, there will always be some scandinavian players that have the chance but i think there need to be more players that goes over and tour for a year like Lizotte have done to get that boost to be able to give Mcbeth and the other top players in the states during such a long tournament.

Who are the swedish "Leo and Seppo"?

Hmm, thats a really hard question, we don't really have that many big names that are young, i would probably have to say that the swedish version of Leo is probably Kaj Larsson #40759 and the only one i could compare with Seppo is probably Carl Ulvinen #59092 because of his huge potential.

People talk about Feldberg having the "Swedish style drive". Is that really a common style in Sweden or just a way to say he's form is different?

I'm probably the wrong person to answer that question because i haven't played for that long but i've heard that some people have said that but i forgot to ask Dave about that when i was staying at his house last year, i can try to catch him at the scandinavian open and ask him about that :)

//Tomas

Offline aRa

• Tulokas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06.06.15 - klo:23:31 »
Hejsan Tomas,
det här är en perfekt möjlighet att tränä också mina egna svenska kunskaper! Jag vet inte om är det lättare för dig att svara på svenska men hoppas att det här är okej.

Mina frågor:
- Om hole-in-ones: jag tror att du har fått flera men minns du, men när fick du din första? Eller finns där någon annan hole-in-one du minns speciellt?

- Tränar du också utomlands och hur mycket (du berättade om australia, har du fortsatt sådana resor?)?

- Hade du någon disc golf idol när du började själv?

- Minns du dina första discer? Vilka var dina "go-to"-discer i början av din karriär? Och har du några tips för amatörer nu (skulle du ändra nånting i dina första discer/träningar...)?

- Till sist, om du hade en chans att planera en ny disc, hurdan skulle den vara?

Offline Discgolfrosen

• Tulokas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08.06.15 - klo:11:56 »
Hejsan Tomas,
det här är en perfekt möjlighet att tränä också mina egna svenska kunskaper! Jag vet inte om är det lättare för dig att svara på svenska men hoppas att det här är okej.

Det spelar ingen roll om frågor är på svenska eller engelska :) lika lätt vilket som.

Mina frågor:
- Om hole-in-ones: jag tror att du har fått flera men minns du, men när fick du din första? Eller finns där någon annan hole-in-one du minns speciellt?

Min första hole-in-one var i Linköpings Rydskogen hål 14 med en tyedye Champion boss och var väl cirka 1 år efter att jag första gången testat på discgolf.

- Tränar du också utomlands och hur mycket (du berättade om australia, har du fortsatt sådana resor?)?

Nja det är väl mest att jag åker utomlands för att tävla nu, har tyvärr inte pengarna till att resa så mycket utanför discgolfen just nu då jag satsar för mycket på det. Året i Australien var mest ett äventyr jag ville ha med lite jobb och massa resande men blev mer som en start på en satsning i discgolf.

- Hade du någon disc golf idol när du började själv?

Nja asså egentligen så var det väl inte riktigt att jag kollade så mycket på videos så att jag hade så bra koll på dem bästa spelarna de första åren jag spelade.

- Minns du dina första discer? Vilka var dina "go-to"-discer i början av din karriär? Och har du några tips för amatörer nu (skulle du ändra nånting i dina första discer/träningar...)?

Mina första discar har jag för mig var Dx Roc och en Champion Viking. Mina go-to discar från början tills jag blev sponsrad av Prodiscus var Boss och Zone framförallt då jag var ganska duktig på forehand.
Ett tips är att gå inte upp på för överstabila och bredrimade discar för tidigt, jag har behövt lärt mig att kasta putters i efterhand för att jag inte riktigt testade på såna discar i början, nu kan jag inte spela en runda utan att kasta mina basic Jokeris och är nog den discen jag inte skulle kunna klara mig utan i en bag för tillfället.

- Till sist, om du hade en chans att planera en ny disc, hurdan skulle den vara?

Jag skulle nog vilja skapa en putter som är ganska är lik Jokeri fast ännu trögare och ännu lite överstabilare.

//Tomas

Offline Zuum

• Seniori
    • View Profile
  • Oikea nimi: Janne J
  • Seura: FGCK
« Reply #10 on: 02.07.15 - klo:11:24 »
Olisiko aika uudelle vieraalle?

Offline Flick Maniac

• Konkari
  • Discmania
    • View Profile
    • Frisbeegolf Club Keinukallio
  • Oikea nimi: Mikko Setälä
  • Seura: FGCK
« Reply #11 on: 02.07.15 - klo:11:53 »
Nyt kö noita armoitettuja amerikanihmeitä on saapunut maahamme enemmänkin, oliskohan meillä mitään chäänssiä saada joku heistä, ehkä jopa itse HÄN, tähän  ketjuun jos vain muilta kiireiltä ehtivät...
Discmania Media Partner 2017-2019
Team Discmania, Discmania Ambassador

Link | P2 | Tactic | Origin | MD3 | MD4 | Anvil | Essence | FD | FD3 | Fortress | CD2 | DD3 | Rampage | Spirit
http://www.instagram.com/Crushing_Plastic
http://www.youtube.com/user/glaabaglooba